Executive and Personal Development Coaching
I have been a recipient of Julie McNeil’s professional coaching for less than a year and have seen tremendous results. Julie’s style is designed to get you to come to answers that work well for you. She doesn’t provide answers but encourages deep reflection. I have enjoyed exploring my career goals through that vantage point. Perhaps, the most transformational aspect about Julie’s coaching is what I would call perspective interrogation. What I mean is that there are assumptions that I have had about myself and others that with Julie’s coaching helped me to see how just a slight perspective switch would empower me to be a better leader. I am at the beginning stages of my career, and I have struggled with knowing what path to take and whether I should continue. I can honestly say that with Julie’s coaching, I have been able to clarify my path and become more confident in myself and in my decisions. I highly recommend her coaching to anyone at any stage of leadership development. Julie tailors her style of coaching to meet your needs, and each new session leaves me with better tools. Thank you Julie!
– Jessica, Dean of Instruction and CTE
When I first started working with Julie I thought it would be like working with other life business consultants I’d worked with in the past. I was wrong. The work we did together has changed my life because I’ve changed. Every aspect of my life is improved due to deeper awareness of my mindset and a stronger understanding of how my emotions effect important relationships in my life. I have learned how to regulate emotions while being my genuine self which has led to better outcomes in business and personal life.
– Aaron, Director, Transition to Independent Living Program
Everyone gets a little stuck once in a while, and I’m no exception. And on those occasions when I’ve sought counseling to help me with life’s challenges, I usually felt like I was being weighed, measured, sized up, and then sent on my way, always with the vague feeling that I was no better off than when I started. I did not yet understand that my nagging feelings of imbalance and insecurity were because I’d lost track of myself somewhere along the way. Locked away within me were obscure, subconscious truths about myself – and I’d lost sight of what they were. Working harder seemed like the right thing to do, but only resulted in an increasingly chaotic existence. Then one day I met Julie. Getting to know Julie as a person, I came to see qualities of gentleness and amazing insight into the human spirit. When my employer offered me an opportunity to work with Julie on wellness and work-life balance issues, I jumped at the chance. Julie never made me feel that I was being weighed or measured. She never made me feel like I was being diagnosed, sized up or categorized. Instead, she simply came alongside me and helped me to remember that which I’d forgotten from when I was a child –that I am here on this earth to experience joy. It turns out that in my busy, chaotic life, I’d simply lost my way, and with it, my joy. Julie helped me look within to rediscover my truths – beliefs that were the very essence of my being – and helped me understand that internal strife results when ones’ actions are not aligned with their core beliefs. She taught me how to realign my decisions and actions with my internal truths – helping me find balance in my life and rediscovering joy in the process. She never taught me leadership, but what I’ve learned from her has made me a better leader. She never taught me wellness or work life balance, but what I’ve learned from her has made me feel happier and more connected at work and home. She never taught me how to help others, but what I’ve learned from her is that the best way to help others is to take good care of myself first. She’d say that I learned these things because they were within me all along. I say that I learned these things from Julie and count myself fortunate to have rediscovered my joy with her help and guidance.
– Andy, Executive Director, Technology Services
Julie has worked with me as my personal and professional development coach on and off for over 6 years. She has helped me tremendously in gaining more insight into myself and drastically changed the way I approach and think about things. Today having more clarity about my priorities has enabled me to be more successful in making positive changes in my career and in my life. Julie has been an invaluable resource for helping me implement strategies to achieve more positive outcomes in my life.
– Hassan, Actor & Producer
I started working with Julie to continue exploring my current leadership and management styles at work. Julie has been a great listener and sounding board who has inspired me to closely examine my personal and professional goals and to align my current practice with these goals. I am happy to say that Julie has been an incredible coach that reminds me of the most important things in life and in my professional career in higher education. My biggest takeaway in this journey is having a great listening coach to talk to and learn from.
– Severo, Vice President Student Development
What clients say about the coaching experience and what has changed from working with Julie
- My experience was outstanding!
- I increased interpersonal relationships with other people.
- I learned to manage my emotions and relate to people better.
- I developed confidence in my capacity to lead and pursue challenging goals.
- I am able to connect my inner aspiration to the goals I am setting moving forward.
- Personal empowerment to choose happiness and work toward that in all aspect of life.
- Self- awareness; don’t judge myself anymore, don’t hold myself to impossible standards; more present “in the moment”; better listening skills.
- I’m pleased to say that I have gained more confidence and focus on my strengths to prepare me personally and professional for executive leadership.
- I have greater self-awareness about what motivates me and improved understanding in what motivates my team to work toward greater cohesion and synergy.
- Julie has done a great job challenging me to look at situations through different viewpoints. I believe I am more open to dealing with situations outside of my normal comfort zone.
- The coaching enabled me to navigate some difficult personal challenges. It changed things for me by giving me the tools to better understand myself and my perspectives, making me a better leader in the process.
Professional Development Training and Consulting
Leadership, Team-building & Change Management
Julie and her team at McNeil and Associates provided multiple assignments for the University of Chicago Medical Center including executive team building, leadership training and succession planning. The work provided was professional, creative, high in integrity and collaborative. We chose McNeil and Associates after speaking to multiple providers and found McNeil and Associates to be the best choice for our organization. McNeil and Associates developed the right solution to address our issues. I would highly recommend McNeil & Associates to any organization that is focused on improving their people processes, management acumen, customer focus and business results. McNeil & Associates is outstanding!
– Larry, Chief Human Resources Officer, University of Chicago Medical Center
Julie is a great thinking partner. She is detail oriented and wants to understand the organization before she makes recommendations towards results. She is collaborative and believes in mapping and planning work before executing.
– Charita, VP Production Video, ESPN
Julie has facilitated several training workshops for our company to improve engagement of employees and collaboration. She is an exceptional trainer and demonstrates expertise in stimulating an environment of learning. Her ability to design and teach to essential learning objectives resulted in improved focus and performance of the team. I highly recommend Julie as a knowledgeable consultant and accomplished training
– Eric, VP Organizational Development, Allegiant Global Services
Julie did a fantastic job presenting networking techniques for the Women in Bio – a large conference of 15,000 attendees. She was professional and followed through on all that was asked. We highly recommend Julie for her presentation style, content and professionalism.
– Robbie Melton, Co-founder, Women in Bio
Personal Development Workshops
Mindfulness, Empowerment & Selfcare
- Julie was right on! Sharing life experiences is so valuable – it makes us all human.
- This was a much needed training for all. Self care is the key. Loved today!
- Well done. This workshop should be a permeant option for employees.
- Excellent workshop! Let’s do more!
- Julie is a great presenter be creating an environment for us to go deeper inside for more self understanding. I gained important insights into myself and feel more empowered and ready for what’s next. Thank you Julie!
- Attending this workshop has restored me to the way I once saw my life. Like when I was a child and things seemed easy. I’m understanding more how I have been the one standing in my way to reaching my goals.
- I so agree with everything you said about in order to be the best we can be for our students we have to be the best we can be for our self and with each other. Julie thank you for your wisdom & insights.
- So glad to have been able to attend. I’m understanding more the importance of self-care. Loved the concept of putting my mask on first before helping other people. Will do this more often at work and at home.
- At first I didn’t think I could afford the time to be here but now I know I could not have afforded not being here. I truly feel renewed and empowered!